- Green the MLS
- Energy Code
NC Commercial Energy Code Training: Boone
Event date:Friday, April 28, 2017 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
This workshop will provide an in-depth look at the NC 2012 Commercial Energy Code, various pathways to compliance, system controls, the intent and other energy saving strategies. The workshop will compare the prescriptive compliance option with the ASHRAE 90.1 2010 option, as well as the performance compliance option. An intensive look will be at the changes in the building envelope requirements including; insulation, air sealing, and fenestration. Mechanical systems, service water heating, and lighting requirements will also be covered. Participants will be introduced to COMcheck, a free software program developed by the Department of Energy that can be used to comply with the code.Photos from job sites across the state will be shown of best practices and continuous insulation options.
- Understand the scope of the commercial energy code and climate zones.
- Determine which compliance pathway is best suited to a particular project.
- Learn the key differences between the NC Energy Conservation Code and the ASHRAE 90.0 2010 compliance option.
- Review the importance of a tight building envelope and what the energy code requires in terms of air sealing.
- Understand insulation and fenestration tables and code related requirements.
- Learn the requirements and compliance pathways for interior and exterior lighting systems.
- Become familiar with energy code requirements for mechanical systems including compliance with ventilation systems.
- Learn the code related requirements for service water heating systems.
- Determine which of the additional code requirements are most applicable to a particular project.
Early Registration Cost: $200* (lunch included)
*Cost after April 7: $250
For registration and more information, click here!
Location: Appalachian State University Campus, Exact location TBD
Time: 9:00am - 4:00 pm
Continuing Education Credits Offered: 6 LU|HSW, 6 PDH, NCDOI CE 6 Building OR 6 Mechanical, 6 NATE, GBCI 6 CE Hours
All attendees will receive a Certificate of Completion
Sponsor:Appalachian Energy Center
Contact name:Janet Miller
Should sync:do not sync
Location:Appalachian State University Campus