- Green the MLS
- Energy Code
Buying A New Home?
Pre-Construction Best Practices for
ENERGY STAR v3 New Homes
The NCEEA has created a video series to demonstrate the pre-construction best practices that allow a builders, raters, and trade contractors to successfully participate in an ENERGY STAR version 3 new home build. Eight steps are outlined in a timeline format, with additional information provided between the videos that may be used as a checklist for each build.
Starting with the Introduction, learn the whole process today!
Real Estate CE Forum Highlights
Our recent series of Energy Efficient Mortgage and Real Estate CE Trainings finished up in Greensboro on March 6th. We networked with over 350 industry professionals in seven locations around the state and provided Continuing Education credits to the majority of these participants in the lending, appraisal, and real estate industries. These professionals are all coming to understand the value of third-party certified homes, the language and key concepts of energy efficient construction, and the importance of stakeholder communication to make energy efficient homes a widely available option for the consumer. We had an overwhelming turnout at many of these events, and we’re already in the process of developing new CE forums for these professionals due to such great feedback.
We filmed the training held in Asheville, and produced the following videos:
- NCEEA CE Forum Highlights
- The producer's "Sizzle Reel" highlighting these innovative educational opportunities for real estate and lending professionals. A great overview of this exciting program!
- Energy Efficient Market Transformation - Chuck Perry
- Chuck Perry, the NCEEA Program Director, discusses the Alliance's consumer outreach initiative and recent positive trends they're tracking in the marketplace.
- Principles of Energy Efficient Construction - Lee Ball
- Dr. Ball, a professor at Appalachian State University, highlights important building science principles and the value of stakeholder communication.
- Trainer Perspectives - The Future of Energy Efficient Homes
- Industry professionals and training providers share challenges within their professions and offer insights into the current market transformation taking place.
- The Future of Real Estate Finance - Paul Donohue
- Paul Donohue, a seasoned mortgage loan originator and trainer, discusses current opportunities and loan products for lenders hoping to capitalize on the growing demand for energy efficient homes.
2012 Energy Code Video:
*video created by the Department of Technology & Environmental Design at Appalachian State University