- Green the MLS
- Energy Code
For Home Buyers
Home Buyers can expect the Alliance to assist in finding a builder, Home Energy Rater, Real Estate Broker, Appraiser, and/or Lender who is knowledgeable about energy-efficient construction and recognizes the value of a high-efficiency home. We will also offer a place for consumers to find general information about green building as well as specific incentive programs which they may qualify for.
In order to reach these goals, the Alliance offers the following value propositions to home buyers:
- Conduct a targeted consumer outreach campaign to inform prospective homebuyers of the advantages of high-efficiency homes.
- Highlight the financial advantages of high-efficiency homes such as how these homes lower the monthly/yearly costs of homeownership and create positive cash flow.
- Provide information on the additional benefits of certified energy-efficient homes, such as durability, high-quality construction, improved comfort, and reduced noise transmission.
- Provide information on energy-efficiency incentive programs that help offset the costs of efficiency upgrades.
- Maintain an active website that provides a wealth of information on high-efficiency homes and a database of Alliance members including builders, real estate brokers, appraisers, and lenders who recognize the value of energy-efficient homes.
- Sponsor local consumer training events to increase awareness of energy-efficient homes.
- Answer questions by telephone and e-mail on energy efficiency and home certification programs that might fit their needs (i.e. ENERGY STAR, NC HealthyBuilt Homes, SystemVision, LEED for Homes, NAHB Green, etc.).