- Home Buyers
About the Alliance
Welcome to the North Carolina Energy Efficiency Alliance!
We in the North Carolina Energy Efficiency Alliance (NCEEA) seek to create an effective, viable and sustainable organization. We aim to benefit the key members of the new home-buying industry in such a way as to overcome market barriers for stakeholders like the appraisal, real estate and lending institutions. We seek to do this through the education of homebuyers , the training of home-builders and the strengthening of the Home Energy Raters network. By addressing each of these groups, we hope to make the transition of the home-buying market to energy efficient homes an easy and beneficial process in the State of North Carolina and to pave the way for the adoption of energy efficient building practices in other states.
Our goals include:
- Increasing the number of energy efficient homes built in the state.
- Increasing awareness of the benefits of energy efficiency amongst consumers and homebuyers.
- Educating appraisers, realtors, and lenders to recognize the value of energy efficient features.
- Strengthening the Home Energy Rater network.
- Educating builders on the importance of energy efficiency.
- Building collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in the home industry.
- Developing policy recommendations to improve the future of energy efficient homes.
The Alliance provides education and training resources for each of the parties involved in the home building industry. These trainings include:
- Access to professionals
- Printed publications and resources